Saturday, February 16, 2013

God is NEVER overwhelmed!



I can confess to you (in the "privacy" of this blog) that as much as I'm being obedient to God's calling for me to go to Haiti, I am still anxious & a bit overwhelmed. I (very much) like to be in control of situations - & letting God be in control is probably one of my biggest (daily!) struggles. But I've come to realize, that in my "overwhelmed-ness" He has me exactly where He wants me - dependent on Him. My constant prayer has been that I not question Him, but just trust Him so that my mind, eyes & heart will be open to whatever He has in store for me there. I've recently had some medical issues that caused me to question whether I'd be able to go on this trip. So, I offered myself up to God as a "living sacrifice" - if He wants me in Haiti, then He would make it so... and He has. Now I need to keep up my end - & be trusting. "In you, Lord my God, I put my trust." ~ Psalm 25:1
As we are on our trip, I ask that you pray for us so that we may see the need in Haiti & the way to help that need. I believe that God will bless US even more than these brothers & sisters in Haiti. 
I pray we will all be overwhelmed in the days ahead... but not to worry, God is NEVER overwhelmed!


Renmen ak benediksyon! (Love and blessings!)
~Laura



I'm really getting excited about our upcoming trip to Haiti!!! Those of you who know me will NOT be surprised to know - I'm already packed! (I know it's Saturday - & I know we're not leaving until Tuesday... but I like to be prepared!)

...& just when I feel like I'm finally prepared, I receive this text from Michael: "(Pastor) Guercy said it would be great to bring crocs for the kids as many don't have shoes..." This simple statement breaks my heart! We, who have so much, who take so much for granted... & I am overwhelmed all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment